Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Ball Starts Rolling...

It was Thursday and Chris asked me the question that kicked off this horror show.  "What is your workout schedule like right now?"  Well other than the days I would workout with Mike and help him reach his goals I would be focusing on sport specific lifts for football season.  Apparently Chris heard that as "doing nothing" and asked if I would do Crossfit for a month.  Hey why not! Those workouts are fun, challenging, have a good variety of anaerobic circuits and I'd even get a chance to improve on my pull-ups, which come in waves of about 3 to 5 a set. Friday February 1st  would be my Crossfit debut.
 
February 1, 2008
Run 10 k
I came in this morning eager to check the website to see what my workout would be.  Deadlift with pull-ups? Chinups and squats?  Something cool and challenging for sure I thought.  A burst of laughter came from Chris and then he gave me the news.  Run 10 k.  Are you sh#*!g me?  The closest to running 10 k I've been was the 1 mile test back in University.  For you math majors out there, running 10 k would be like running 6, 1 mile tests.  Yeah buddy.  Chris gave me the option of starting the next day but procrastination is something I left behind in 2007.  1 hour and 9 minutes later, I couldn't feel my legs and I didn't feel like me a Crossfit were going to get a long.
 
February 2, 2008
Tabata
-Pullups
-Pushups
-Situps
-Squats
Crossfit and I didn't start off on the right foot and I was hoping it would make it up to me on Saturday with an apology and a fun workout.  I didn't get an apology; I got a tough workout, which meant that this was going to be a "tough love" relationship.  Tabata style 8 sets of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest. Pullups, pushups, situps and squats.  Because of my lack of ability to do sets of pull-ups I had to resort to rings, which punished quite the same I feel.  I completed 8 sets of the following exercises: 
8 Pull ups       
13 Pushups
11 situps
14 squats
 
February 4 2008   
255 5 sets of 3
 
Feb 5 2008   3 rounds    - 26min 25 sec
21Right hand snatch
21 Pull ups
21 Left hand snatch
21 Pull ups



 
Catalyst Fitness Inc.
498 Queen St. East, 2nd Floor
Sault Ste. Marie
(705)253-0011
www.gocatalyst.ca
www.catalystfitness.ca

No comments: