Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sat Feb 23
 
I would like to give a shout out to all the new Crossfitters at Catalyst Fitness. They were working HARD today, a rest day, and I friggin loved it.  I'm looking forward to working out with them soon!! Welcome aboard mates!
 
Friday Feb 22
Five rounds for max reps of:
Body weight bench press
Pull-ups
 
I had a goal coming into this one because Chris had made someone do it already and they posted a total of 32 reps.  In the spirit of competition I was pumped up to crush that record.  I was a  little worried though because I have not benched in a while and I wasn't sure I was going to manage my new body weight # of 190 lbs. I was also determined to use real chin ups for this to evaluate my progress in this department. My first set I blasted outed the starting gate with 12 bench presses and 7 pull ups.  I was impressed. Then I dropped a bit did 10 bench 6 pulls. When I was done I blasted out 56 total reps between bench and pull ups! 36 bench press and 20 pull ups. Still, I do want those pull ups to get up there but I'm finding I'm putting on mass on my legs and trying to pull 190 lbs up there is a tough task!
 
Thursday Feb 21
Four rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
50 Squats
 
It was so nice and sunny out today, it was perfect timing for an outdoor running day. For the 400 m run I used google maps pedometer to estimate 400 m.  It was a shame I didn't have Mike's yaktraks to wear on my shoes cause it was slick out there.  I've never worked so hard in the cold before and the chest was burning! My legs were swelled out after the first round and it felt like I was running with permanant lactic acid. 15 mins later I was gased and loving it.  I felt so good that I pushed myself to do this exercise outdoors.  I can only imagine how fast I'm going to be come the summer time and dry roads! 
- couldn't double up after today....
 
 
Wednesday Feb 20
3-3-3-3-3-3-3 Hang clean and squat
 
Well we're getting back on track. I started with Wednesdays WOD 7 sets of 3 on the hanging clean and front squat.  I was surprised at how strong I felt after 3 days of food coming out of my mouth rather than going in.  I used 145 lb for all 7 sets. Feeling good afterwards I would choose to double up on one of the WOD I missed so I called out "Annie"  50 40 30 20 10 double unders and sit ups.  I was flying through this gal with more energy than the first workout and posted 12 min 23 sec.


 
Catalyst Fitness Inc.
498 Queen St. East, 2nd Floor
Sault Ste. Marie
(705)253-0011
www.gocatalyst.ca
www.catalystfitness.ca

No comments: