Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Feb 5th – I learned something today. 1) Don't listen to Chris when he says the workout doesn't look too hard today.  I had to resort to the ring pull-ups again. Even though I'm noticing an improvement already in pull-ups, I'm nowhere near ready to do 136 of them.
I ended up doing 3 sets of 7 for the dips and split the snatches into 1 set of 11 and 1 set of 10.  Nearing the end of the workout by lower back on each side were spasming hard due to poor form.  As I began to wear down, the weight was drifting further away from my body causing me to use a little more back than necessary.  So moral of the story, keep your mind sharp when your body has no jam left. 
 
February 6 2008
7 sets of 3 Push-jerk 175 lbs
 It's a Hercules type day and I was looking forward to it.  The workout was short but powerful. My inspiration to really improve on this lift comes from playing for the Steelers.  It has now become tradition after a win, at the social, for a lineman to pick up a wide receiver and overhead press him while everyone in the bar is shouting out the number of reps.  Boyish? A little. Cool to watch? You friggin bet.  Maybe by this summer I'll lift up a lineman…….

No comments: